der Windows Home Server 2011 ist von Microsoft fertig gestellt worden (Release to Manufacturing)! Das wurde im Blog des WHS-Teams geschrieben Windows Home Server 2011 is Ready for Release.
Today, the Home Server engineering team signed off the release version of WHS 2011. An exciting milestone which now starts the process to make it available for purchase.
Affordable and easy-to-use, Windows Home Server 2011 is the ideal solution to help families keep their important digital files and data automatically backed up, organized, and accessible from virtually anywhere.
To help with questions we hear during this time of the product release cycle, I have provided further guidance below. If you have a specific question, please feel free to post in comments, on our WHS forum.
- When will OEM’s offer WHS 2011? Many OEM’s and System Builders have already started building specific form factors and solutions based on WHS 2011. We expect to start seeing them in the market starting May.
- What languages is WHS 2011 available in? WHS 2011 will be released in 19 languages including Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan), Chinese (Hong Kong), Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
- When will the Evaluation for WHS 2011 be made available? The evaluation experience for WHS 2011 will be released in early April.
- When will I be able to download WHS 2011 via my TechNet or MSDN subscription? WHS 2011 will be made available on MSDN and TechNet also in early April.
- What is the difference between V1 of WHS and WHS 2011? You can learn more about differences in our comparison datasheet.
During this time we would also like to thank all our MVP’s, partners and customers that have helped us get to this point. We look forward to sharing more information with you over the coming weeks.
Ein Upgrade eines Windows Home Server 2003 auf die neue Version sieht Microsoft nicht vor. Es ist also eine komplette Neuinstallation des WHS nötig, sowie eine De- und Neuinstallation des WHS Connector auf den Clients.
Na dann, Viel Spass beim selber Testen!